Tuesday, April 06, 2004

We have decided to commence writing on the ‘Email’ story idea. I will write up the first draft in short story form, then the team will help with editing and revisions. Once we have a solid story we will adapt it and story board. Sound good?

As far as the feel that I’m looking for, I’m kind of in the same boat as Jack, it’s hard to explain but I can point out the movies that have influenced me and perhaps they can represent what is in my mind.

Fight Club, Fargo, Momento, The Big Lebowski, Traffic, Adaptation, Being John Malcovich, The Usual Suspects, Go, American Beauty, Unbreakable, Miller’s Crossing, Things to do in Denver When You’re Dead, Seven, Sleepy Hallow, Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels, Snatch…ok…..I guess I should stop.

For this idea, my mind keeps going back to two movies, Momento and Traffic. Memento has a dreamy kind of feel to it; the viewer is kept in a suspended state of confusion. The cinematography of Traffic is brilliant, its grainy, crisp, uncomfortable. In my mind, if I could combine these two styles, that is what this film will feel like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home